  • Subject: Re: Disk sizes and performance
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:14:23 -0400

Well, I was goiung to point you to a couple of itemsin the IBM Knowledge
Base.
They USED to be public documents, now they're "secured".  If you have a
support line contract go searching for these:

IBM AS/400 Support Line Technical Document
Document Number: 15135640
Functional Area:
                Operating System
Subfunctional Area:
                Performance
Sub-Subfunctional Area:
                System Performance

Product:
           Performance Tools - AS/400 PT B (5769PT1B1)
           Performance Tools - PERF TLS BEST1 (5716PT1B1)
           Performance Tools - PERF TLS CAPACTY PLN (5763PT1B1)

Release:
           ALL

Document Title: AS/400 Disk Arm Requirements

Document Description:

This document contains information available only to customers who have
purchased a Support Line
contract and who have completed the online registration.

    I have a Support Line contract, and I am a Registered user.

    I have a Support Line contract, and I would like to Register.

For more information about Support Line services, refer to the following
Web site:

http://www.as.ibm.com/asus/swsupport.html

IBM AS/400 Support Line Technical Document
Document Number: 12402126
Functional Area:
                Operating System
Subfunctional Area:
                Performance
Sub-Subfunctional Area:
                General

Product:
           OS/400 WORK MGMT (5716SS1WM)
           OS/400 WORK MGMT (5763SS1WM)
           OS/400 WORK MGMT (5769SS1WM)

Release:
           ALL

Document Title: Arm Count Table for AS/400 Models

"Robin Sapiro" <robin.sapiro@home.com> on 99-08-01 20:34:25

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com