Thanks for your reply Buck.  I have tried both scenarios that you suggest. In
fact I have removed CWBXRD from the startup.
>From the message I get 'access denied' I would say its not a question of the I:
not being found rather its the security in NT is preventing me from accessing.
>From the OS2 manual (on CDROM) I infer that when remote commands are activated
>on
another system the user must be authourised to all the functions that they are
going to perfoem.  In fact I needed to register in NT security the user profile
that was logging onto the PC.
Once on the PC I want to send stuff back to the AS400, and again it is in this
step that security again cuts in and I need to signon to the AS400 again etc.
Usually NT allows security maintenance for each of its local drives, but,
network
drives be it Novell or AS400 are not controlled by NT security, I presume NT
wants the system that owns the drive to control the security. I have granted
PUBLIC(*ALL) and SENSETIVITY(1) (none) to the folder I am trying to access, but
think NT is looking at I: in total somehow and I cannot see how to assign
access.

I noticed in another post to the mail list that others are using FTP scripts to
do the transfer, well I can do FTP as we are configured under TCP-IP , these
others are using QSECOFR with an inbedded password, (security ha, just open the
gates and throw away the key), I have in the past used the '<' (filter?) to send
keystrokes under DOS to a BAT program to send profiles and passwords, I'll just
use a QUSER level profile with very low levels of authorisation .  When I tried
to do this with NT once before it looked like it accepted the password but then
prompted me again, then thinking about it I did a file transfer followed by a
copy to folder, perhaps I need to log on twice to do that.
It looks like with OS2 I would be able to set up the appropriate security and I
tried to convice the guys here to dump NT in favor of OS2.  Welll???!!!! you
should have seen the responses.
Micrososft is taking over the world.
Surely we must stick to the industry standard
You must be kidding to suggest an outdated OS that is hardly functional
We are standardising on 2 OS for PC Windows (nn) and WindowsNT (OKreason)
IBM is not the industry leader for PCs
<end responses>
I would have thought that the last thing Microsoft wants is to support an OS
(Windows NT) that has such strong links to OS2 and is effectively a competitor
for Windows(nn).  I suggest that Bill would like to see NT fade away quietly
into
the sunset.

Anyway none of the above solves my problem, but thanks for any suggestions.