I had the same problem, except I.E. 3 worked for me (as did Netscape). I
also worked with Microsoft and came to the same conclusion, it was the proxy
server. I have switched to SOCKS, and the problem is gone. I am not sure I
fully understand all the implications (I know a little about it, like the
caching impact), but for now I am satisfied with SOCKS.

Bob Randall
Airxcel, Inc.