  • Subject: Re: Problems with virtual device connections
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 22:24:50 -0400

Patrick,

  Well a couple things to check come to mind.

  1) Check the QINTER (or the one you get assigned to for
QPADEV0001/2) subsystem for it's max active jobs.  Could be too low
there.

  2) Also check the workstation entries in the above subsystem.  Could
be no *ANY entry and only QPADEV0001/2 are assigned.  Long shot.

  3) Doesn't sound like it, but check the mode being used for the SNA
connection (typically BLANK) and look at the maximum sessions.  The
default is 8 but you're going to need a bunch more if you want to run
a lot of sessions.  A couple get used up in the basic connection so
you should have 6 available to start.  That's why this doesn't sound
like the error (yet).  Also the error if I recall, is different.
Check it anyway.

  Really sounds like a problem with the interactive subsystem on the
F45.

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         | Trivia Question: What famous car carried
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |  the tags:   BDR 529 ?