  • Subject: Re:RE: Netserver and Profiles Part 2
  • From: Eric Sundell PMI <esundell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:33:00 -0700

OK, now I am total clueless, We are running NetServer on my V4.3 AS400, with
NT
workstation on my PC's with a Ethernet connection using Novell 4.11, "AND I
CANNOT GET THIS THING TO WORK!!!!". Our support people, Level One Tech
Support ,
helped me set up one of my test PC's with NETBEUI (not NETBIOS) and it will
find
the server and let me assign a drive to it but only when the profile matches
on
the AS400 and the PC, I have the server name and the AS400 name in the HOSTS
file, I have the server name in LMHOSTS, I have just 5250 CA400 Express,
with
the brand new SF57098 service pack on and that works great, I EVEN added a
GUEST
profile to NetServer,(ya I know, bad, bad, bad, as a security consultant I
know
the implications, but the only thing that I have shared is QDLS because that
is
the only thing that I need) and it still won't work. Now here is the weird
part,
when I log into the PC 'locally' EVERYTHING WORKS!, but as soon as I log
into
Novell no go. This tells me that it has something to do with Novell, maybe
it
doesn't support it? Any Clues?

Don't make me use uppercase...