If you can telnet, but can't log on via CA, try the following.

1. Check that the CA host servers are running. ( go to Operations Navigator,
Network, Servers, Client Access) You should at least have Central, Signon &
Server Mapper.  Most people have all apart from Multimedia running by
default.
2. Check QUSER user profile - make sure that the password hasn't expired or
the profile hasn't got disabled.
3. Check that the user has *USE authority to QUSER's profile
3. If the user is a member of a Group profile, check that they have *USE
authority to the group profile also.

Failing that, do you get any messages in the QHST log?

Also, look at the job log for user QUSER, job QZSOSIGN.  To do this:

1       Do a  WRKACTJOB.
2       Press F14  to include prestarted jobs.
3       Find the QZOSIGN job running in the QSYSWRK subsystem in the job
list.  If there are multiple QZOSIGN jobs, repeat the following steps for
each job.
4       Type a 5 next to each QZSOSIGN to work with it and press Enter.
5       On the Work with Job panel, type a 10 to display the job log.
6       Look for a message in the job log similar to 'SIGNON server job' for
the user who had the CWBSY1008 message.  The message listed after this
message should help solve the problem.

HTH
Stuart