  • Subject: Re: Ebay...
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:21:30 -0400

Well, according to Netcraft, and you can check this yourself at
http://www.netcraft.com/whats/
they're running:

www.ebay.com

                            www.ebay.com is running Microsoft-IIS/3.0

           Microsoft-IIS is also being used by Walt Disney, Compaq, Nasdaq,
 and The National Football League.

probably no surprise considering it's "reliability"   :-)

Looks like some vendors might be paying them for plugs, as it also tells
you what other suckers are running IIS if the site you search is running
it.
Some other web servers get a plug too (Apache), but if you find an AS/400
site there's no
little plug for other AS/400 sites.

Examine some AS/400 sites - it says sites you examine will be included in
future surveys.
There's no AS/400s showing on their page at
http://www.netcraft.com/survey/
(I guess that's "other").
You'll be disappointed if you check  www.search400.com
Note there's a separate link to check an SSL site:
http://www.netcraft.com/cgi-bin/Survey/sslwhats/
And you can check for sites containing specific things in their name (like
  "as400" is found in "as400.rochester.ibm.com"
at  http://www.netcraft.com/

PS - this check isn't foolproof -there may be multiple servers for the URL,
 load balancing, etc. (buy more than likely you
     would be running the same software).

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Markham,  Ontario,   Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 474-4890  x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 474-4898          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server

Dennis D Pearson <ddp@coral.com> on 99-07-15 11:21:58

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com