  • Subject: Re: Firewall & proxy server
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:04:49 -0400

Glenn - it's your batch CPW that matters for HTTP, SMTP, POP etc, not
Interactive CPW.
You have a batch CPW of 125.  Bob doesn't say what model of 620 he has, but
a 620 is not a server model (with the higher batch performance, and a
penalty for running too much interactive work).  So Bob's CPW for all work
is one of the following:
2175  50.0
2179       85.6
2180 113.8
2181 210.0
2182 464.3

My guess is maybe a 2175 or 2179 ?   So Glenn may have Bob whipped
performance wise.
Especially as Bob's running Domino.  Whatever model you had before
installing Domino, you need usually need at least a one step processor
upgrade to run native Domino.
My guess is Bob was probably low on memory too.   He mentions ordering
more.  A wild guess would say maybe he currently has 128MB or less ?

Bob - what is you present processor model & memory ?

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Markham,  Ontario,   Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 474-4890  x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 474-4898          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server

Glenn Gundermann <ggundermann@rachisholm.com> on 99-07-14 15:57:26

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com