  • Subject: AS/400 Education Survey
  • From: "Peter Koel" <PETERK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:14:56 -0500

Hello,

    My name is Peter Koel. I am an AS/400 Instructor at Alexandria Technical
College, in Alexandria Mn. We are starting up an Instructor led AS/400 Internet
 education program. Our AS/400 classes are taught entirely through the Internet.
     I am looking for input on AS/400 topics/classes that you feel would be
good topics in a 2 year college program or for current working professionals.
The topics must be taught within 90hrs spread over 18 weeks. The topics must
also use the AS/400 green screen. What kinds of skills do you want your
employees to have?  We currently teach the following:
    1) An Introduction to AS/400 Operations - 3 credits
    2) An Introduction to CL Programming - 4 credits
    3) An introduction to DB2/400 Programming - 3 credits

    We think topics such as an Intro to RPG or COBOL programming might work,
but are not sure of the direction to take. The classes we currently offer are
for college credit. Do you think the classes would be more popular  if we
offered them at a flat rate rather than for $140.00/credit? Is college credit
important to working professionals?
     Once again, thank you for any input or guidance you can give us!

            Sincerely,

                 Peter Koel

Peter Koel
AS/400 Internet Education