  • Subject: Re: Picture Support in the Database (was: Re: Ebay...)
  • From: "Mike Shaw" <mshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:57:10 -0700

Al,

It does make you wonder what they have been smoking back there!  :-)

An observation from here is that as the AS/400 and RS/6000 have drawn closer
and closer together from a hardware perspective, you are seeing more of the
UNIX mentality in terms of release upgrade/distribution coming into the
AS/400 arena.  The situation below happens quite frequently in that
world....

Another observation would be that in late 3d quarter, who would be running
up a PTF of that order and magnitude given that  you should have stabilized
your software upgrades for Y2K in that timeframe....

And they sure did not consider disaster recovery in this scenario.....

Regards,

Mike Shaw
Senior AS/400 Tech Support
North American Mortgage