Dear Scotty,

Having not seen your AS/400 Remote Output Queue definition, my guess would be
that you have the OUTQ parameter Host Print Transform (also known as Transform
SCS to ASCII) set to *NO because you are sending data to another EBCDIC based
system (Destination parameter set to *OTHER).

This can easily cause the problem you are describing because the OS/400 system
uses a number of SCS control commands for line printers that are not supported
by any mainframe operating system.

My suggestion would be the following. Get document 7995114 "Using TCP/IP Remote
Print Writers with Applications Requiring a Device Description" from the AS/400
Tech Support web site. Follow the instructions in this document to create a
3287 (not 3812 model 1 as in the example) virtual printer to be attached to
your remote output queue. If you are lucky, this will cause the OS/400
operating system to format your spool files using only the SCS commands
understood by the VSE operating system.

The path to the document referenced above is as follows:

The web URL is http://www.as400service.ibm.com .

>From the blue bar on the left of the screen, click on Tech Info + Databases.
>Next Choose Software Knowledge Base. Scroll through the topics to locate Print
>and click on this item. Under the sub-topic Network Attached Printers -
>General, you will find the article "Using TCP/IP Remote Print Writers with
>Applications Requiring a Device Description".

HTH

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi, Technical Director                 E-mail: pault@praim.com
Praim Inc.                                           Tel: 603-431-0606