This is a good ole IBM gotcha.  IBM requires you to purchase 3 licenses of
CA/400 so you would be paying ($245*3) a mere $735.00 just to signon to
each of your three AS/400's from one PC.

In contrast, first party provider Synapse offers WinAPPC (SNA) and NetWolf
(TCP/IP) for display, printer, and file transfer that, IMHO, kick CA/400's
butt, offer more features, are 100% IBM compatible, do not require loading
and reloading huge service packs multiple times (Express CA/400 already has
it's first 11MB service pack), don't muck with the registry, don't replace
Windows system files, charge ONE license fee per PC (not per AS/400) at
dramatically lower prices all around, provide free technical support, and
provide free online upgrades.

AYK:  I sell, support, use, and recommend Synapse products.  I wonder why.

Regards,

Jerry

At 07:21 AM 6/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Larry,
>
>I would like to further clarify what is licensed under CA.  I have 100 user
>licenses for CA and 3 AS400s.  If I install CA on a remote PC in a DR site
>does this count as one of the 100 or do I need to purchase another license
>for my DR site?  If one PC is connected to all three AS400s does it count as
>only one license?  My sales rep said I need to purchase a license for each
>AS400, but I think it is only for each PC.  Who is right?
>

>Christopher K. Bipes           mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
>Sr. Programmer/Analyst         mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
>CrossCheck, Inc.               http://www.cross-check.com
>6119 State Farm Drive          Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
>Rohnert Park  CA  94928                Fax: 707 586-1884

Jerry Draper, Trilobyte Software Systems, since 1976
Specializing in connecting PC's, Windows, MAC's, and LAN's to the AS/400
Representing Synapse, Apple, IBM, UDS, Nlynx, MI, DCI, Netsoft, etc.
(415) 457-3431; (415) 258-1658fax; jdraper@wco.com