  • Subject: RE: Growing your own programmers
  • From: Roger Boucher <RBoucher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:16:43 -0700

I went to a very good technical school in San Diego after graduating
with a degree in Psychology.  The group of students that attended this
technical school had a wide range of backgrounds and there were about
thirty of them in my particular class.  Only about three or four of them
had any business trying to write code.  Programming is DEFINATELY an
ability that you are born with... look for people with logical minds who
enjoy puzzles.  Being able to get down to details is extremely
important, but so is being able to see the big picture!

Roger Boucher
Standard Pacific Corp.
rboucher@stanpac.com
714-668-4326