  • Subject: Re: AS/400 access via the web
  • From: "Bob Crothers" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 19:37:35 -0500

Jack,

Bob Crothers
-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Mullins <jmullins@sundash.com>
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
Date: Friday, June 04, 1999 6:19 PM
Subject: AS/400 access via the web

Hello All:

We are looking for a secure, stable and easy way to give our users access to our AS/400 via an internet Web browser.  Also, we need to be able to publish some of our sales order data on the web, but, only to the relative customers.  I know that several companies offer these types of services/software packages, but, I don't personally know anyone who is using them.  I would like to hear your considerable opions and recommendations, please.  What kind of hardware configurations do you have experience with and how well do they perform in this capacity?  We have an AS/400 model 620 and a seperate WindowsNT server which would also be available if needed.

Thanks for any and all input.

Jack Mullins, Programmer/Analyst
Nucor Steele
P.O. Box 30