  • Subject: Re: Using CALLB with a Service Program
  • From: "Joe Teff" <jteff19@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:27:10 -0500

Dennis wrote:

>No, that's close but not quite right.  CALLB can also be bound by
>reference, and that's why your program will function correctly.  The
>service program is "activated" when your program is called, and the bind
>is performed at that point.

I've used bound programs in the past, specifically to break up larger
programs where chunks of code were replicated. This has worked well
to reduce redundant code without loosing any performance or function.
I've also used procedures with service programs. I just never thought
about putting a "normal" *module in a service program and calling it with
a CALLB. The light has come on. I can already think of one application
that I would have done differently because of this.

Thanks!  Joe Teff