  • Subject: Re: Communications
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 11:14:02 -0500

We are currently supporting a Wide Area Network with a mix of  V4R4,
V4R3, V4R2, V3R7 and V3R2.  We are all running fat and happy.  However,
the first concerns that come to mind is that we do not have our
development machine on V4R4 yet.  This is because it won't compile
down to V3R7.  Boss suggested just compiling down to V3R2.  I guess
that would work, we would just have to reRISC the program.  I don't
think V4R3 will support V3R1, for save/restore reasons.  But we've
never had network problems due to different releases.  Just the TGTRLS
issues on saving and compiling.  We actually had a production machine
where we told them to stop putting off downtime because we've upgraded
the development machine and they're SOL for support.

MCDONALD_SB@WillisCorroon.COM on 05/27/99 10:54:18 AM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet