Re: Query and SQL

  • Subject: Re: Query and SQL
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:44:02 -0500

fixed

RTVQMQRY

will decompile a Query.  I wrote an article about this several years ago in
News/400.

VVincenti@spotsylvania.va.us on 05/19/99 01:29:38 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
cc:
Fax to:
Subject:        Query and SQL

Hi everyone !

I'm looking for a way to display the SQL statement generated by a query or,
even better, to convert a Query definition to a Query Manager Query.

In my opinion the user interface for Query is a lot more user friendly than the
one for SQL, so I think this could be useful to learn more about SQL in a 'by
example' fashion (sort of what happened when we used the RPG to ILE conversion
program to see what ILE looked like).

Valerio Vincenti
Programmer/Analyst
County of Spotsylvania, I.S. Department