At 08:50 05/18/1999 , Gerald Magnuson wrote:
>I have this monmsg command at the top of my CL program:
>I thought that this ment to trap messages CPA0000-CPA9999, and

Actually, this will monitor for any escape message beginning with CPA or
CPF. CPA9999 doesn't do anything, since you've already monitored for all
CPA messages.

>The program performs several SAVLIB's to save files.   One save file was not
>message CPA4067 was issued (save file already contains data(C G)). The
>default reply is C.
>However, the CL program just hung, waiting for a response.
>Does the "Generic monitor" (use zeros to trap inclusive numbers) only work
>with CPF messages?

CPA4067 would be an inquiry message.  You can use the system reply list or
a message queue monitor program to respond to inquiry messages, but MONMSG
will not help you.

Pete Hall