RE: access to documentation (rant continues)

fixed

>A study (I forget which) has shown that adults tend to prefer paper manuals
>because that is what they grew up with.  The new generation(s) prefer
>electronic manuals because that is what they are being raised on.
>
>Eric Kempter
>CommAir Mechanical Services, Inc.

If BookManager is the software I have to use, the paper manuals have a lot
of advantages.

I -have- managed to get used to the CD.  I just select the ALL BOOKS
bookshelf, then SEARCH ALL BOOKS for the topic I need, and, finally, pick
and choose from the references found.

It's a lot easier that way than trying to guess which book in which
bookshelf I should use.

Electronic manuals for the AS/400 can only get better.  (:

I'd like electronic manuals a lot better if I had a screen about 3 foot x 4
foot.  (:  It would give me enough space to open a couple of manuals at
once (Remember opening 3 or 4 of those 3-ring binders on your desk all at
once as you tried to figure out IBM's indexing?), plus to have my source
code available.

I think Electronic Ink has the best hope of becoming that large screen at
this point.  I hope they can make it with a touch screen surface, so I can
make notes in the margins!

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com

+---