That's what I'm going to do.

My trusty D04, with an RP of 1 and change, running V2R3M0, a total of 800MB
storage  (400 of that taken by the OS) will have it's lights put out sometime
later this year.  I've tried lots of different remote access solutions and for
my customers that don't have a network (about four - still!), good ol appc
passthrough is the best way to connect for on-line support.

It has been running continuously with very little maintenance since early 1992.
 I was glad to have the hardware support, as the tape drive went out in the
machines 13th or 14th month of service, but otherwise, no problems.

The new order is for a 170, but it hasn't been approved by the boss (me) yet.
Anything special to watch out for in a 170 config?

Regards,
Rich