Re: Backup and recovery

  • Subject: Re: Backup and recovery
  • From: Alison Herman <alison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 18:33:07 -0500

fixed

We have a 3995 library and we save and restore using SAVLIB and SAVOBJ comands.
For the device enter your optical library.  You need to pay attention to the
expiration date if you plan on deleting libraries from the optical platters.
Our
command does not cross platters but I have not really looked into the possiblity
that it would do this.   You may want to check with BRMS and see if their
commands support optical libraries.  Hope this helps.

Alison Herman

Johnny Helms wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any backup and recovery software that would use a 3995 Optical
> library.  BRMS
> mentions a 3570 and 3575, but I don't see the need to buy those tape drives
> when I have
> a 3995.  Anyone have any suggestions? Is any currently doing this or is it
> feasable?
>
> TIA,
>
> ------Johnny Helms------
> Rock Hill Telephone Co.