  • Subject: Re: Puzzling System Action
  • From: pytel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:09:18 -0500

1) When you start mirroring on ASP, which contains RAIDed drives, system
will consider RAIDed drives already proctected and will leave them alone.
Only non-RAID protected drives will be paired.
In other words, if you have ASP containing only RAID-protected drives,
starting mirroring for them will not change anything.
If you really want mirrored protection, stop RAID-protection for drives in
ASP, and then start mirroring.

4 and 5) QDBJRN (in QRECOVERY) is an internal system journal, which
protects system dictionary files (QADBxxx). System takes care of this
journal automatically, so normally user does not need to do anything about
it. If you want to reset sequence numbers, try to do it in a restricted
state.

6) When SMAPP is active (EDTRCYAP), system may write internal - invisible -
entries to journals. These entries record changes to not-journaled access
paths.These entries cannot be accessed by user, but they do consume
sequence numbers.

Best regards
    Alexey Pytel

Dave Mahadevan <mahadevan@fuse.net> on 04/26/99 12:43:39 PM