  • Subject: Re: Greetings to everyone on the list. My first time postingafter following quitely for some time.
  • From: Patrick Townsend <townsend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:33:07 -0700

Scott,

The user will have a 5250 type mapping on their keyboard. After they log
onto the AS/400 they will start a 3270 emulation session with the
mainframe (the command is STREML3270). By default the PageUp key is
mapped to PA2, PageDown is mapped to PA1, and Test Request is mapped to
the 5250 session default. You can override this if you like.

It is possible to create a user profile that automatically starts a 3270
session with the mainframe by creating a CL program that starts the
session and making this program the Initial Program of the user profile.
Or you can create a command that is a front-end to STREML3270 that
provides the defaults you want.

The 3270 emulation command lets you specify a controller or a device. It
is normal to specify the host controller name and let the AS/400 select
the next available device on the controller.

Hope this helps,
Patrick

--
IBM AS/400 communications, FTP automation, and network security
software and consulting services.

http://www.patownsend.com