Dear Michael,

The AS/400 *LAN device description requires that a target laser printer support
Printer Job Language (PJL) commands. This command facility was developed by HP
starting with the HP III si printer to control some of the hardware environment
configuration (ex. output bins) of their printers. From your description of the
Apple Laser printers that you have onsite, it doesn't sound like they support
PJL.

If this is the case, you will be required to use LPR/LPD on the AS/400, via a
remote output queue, to send information to the Apple laser printers. You will
need to know the queue name within the onboard Ethernet adapter that LPR
information should be forwarded to. It could have a name like pr1 or raw1. You
will need to put this name in the remote printer queue name parameter on the
AS/400. Please be advised that this parameter is case sensitive. Lower case
values must be enclosed in single quotation marks.

You can then use the HP III driver on the AS/400 as the host print transform
manufacturer type and model choice for converting the data that will be sent
through the remote output queue to the Apple laser printer.

Hope this helps.

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi, Technical Director                 E-mail: pault@praim.com
Praim Inc.                                           Tel: 603-431-0606