  • Subject: Re: Virtual Device spontaneous combustion!
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:23:52 -0700

Alexy,

Thanks for the response....

I have a question about this statement...

> What you see is the documented behaviour of QAUTOVRT. System will not
> create NEW devices to go beyond QAUTOVRT. Otherwise, system will not delete
> virtual devices and generally will not try to decrease their number down to
> QAUTOVRT setting.

I don't want the system to delete devices, I just want it to leave them alone.
If I have a 3477 defined, and someone comes along emulating a 3197, I want the
system to do _nothing_.  Instead it appears that it will delete an existing
device and then create a new one that will be usable by a 3197 device type.   I
should be able to control this behavior shouldn't I?

Also, can you point me to the manual where this is documented?   I havn't
located
it yet.

Thanks for your help,

jte