Hi All,

We are having some difficulty in making some of our CL, CBL and RPG programs
Y2K ready!!

Problem with CL program :

The CL program has two 8 digit CCYYYMMDD dates. The program has a OPNQRYF to a
physical file with QRYSLT clause. The physical file has a field VDATE which is
YYMMDD (6 digits). The QRYSLT is

VDATE >= CCYYMMDD1 & VDATE <= CCYYMMDD2

I cannot strip off the CC from the two dates to compare with 6 digit VDATE
because it will not work when the century is changed. The other alternative is
to attach century to the VDATE field. Now the problem is how to attach this
century to VDATE? For each fetch of OPNQRYF, we shld be able to determine the
century of VDATE for each record. I have something of the following in my mind
:

Some arithmetic formula with VDATE to make it CCVDATE temporarily and then
compare this CCVDATE.

I may have to use lot of MAPFLDs. But I am not able to get to a solution.

Problem with SQLCBL :

This problem is also similar to the above one. My SQLCBL program is receiving a
8 digit CCYYMMDD date. Within my program, I have the statement

"Declare C1 Cursor  for Select............ from File1 where PhyFileDateField >
= CCYYMMDD.......

My phyFileDateField is 6 digit YYMMDD.

Thanx in advance for any help/ suggestions.

Venu