  • Subject: Re: CD write from 400
  • From: "Bob Crothers" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:58:59 -0500

John,

That is the way you must do it.  Save your stuff to tape.  Then run
CDIT.  CDIT will then read all of the stuff saved on the tape and put
the files in the IFS directory you specify on the command.

All of the low end AS/400 save stuff to CDR works this way.

There  is only one alternative that I know of.  But it costs over
$5,000 and I personally do not like the attitude the company has. Very
arrogant and just plain @$#holes.  This was especially insulting to me
since I am an ISV also.  Gives us all a bad name.  I vowed that I would
not do business with them.  But, I have their name & web site at work
and can get it for you next week if you would like.

If the save files you are taking to CDR are all "one of's", there are
ways around the tape stuff, but they require programming and probable
modification to your install procedures.

If what you are taking to CDR is NOT SAVOBJ/LIB stuff, then you can
skip the tape step. And I think CDIT handles this situation.

Re the poor support experience with Bavarian, I can not comment on that
as I have always dealt with their developers.  In fact, one of them
(the author of CDIT in fact) hangs out on Midrange-L so I would expect
him to chime in shortly on this thread.

Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications
http://www.faxserver401.com    <--Get your FREE working demo of our