  • Subject: Re: AS/400 & Native Zip Eng
  • From: nina jones <ddi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 14:25:17 -0600

> We regularly use zipped save files to transport AS/400 objects over the
> Internet and have never had a problem. In fact, that's how we distribute
> trials of our products from our web site. What zip utility are you
> using? I've used WinZip for a long time and haven't had a problem. And
> I've never seen a lock up on a PC. I think you should be able to do what
> you want with save files and zip.

i've done it with single files a bunch.  what i wanted to do was send a group
of files,
so i created a save file, ftp'ed it, and zipped it.  it was the unzipping that
didn't
work.  locked the computer up.  used the old faithful dos based pkzip and
pkunzip
version 2.04.

i was thinking about trying it on a different p/c to see if i got the same
results.  my
p/c at home locks up a lot, where mine at work seldom does, but the fact it
happened
makes me nervous about it.  i don't have winzip at home, but i do at work, and
i'll
give that a shot too.

nj

begin:          vcard
fn:             nina  jones
n:              jones;nina
org:            Data Design Inc
adr:            2408 Tee Circle;;;Norman;Oklahoma;73069;USA
email;internet: ddi@datadesigninc.com
title:          Chief Programmer and bottle washer
tel;work:       405-321-0354
tel;fax:        405-360-9202
tel;home:       405-364-8960
note:           IBM Business Partner