In <001b01be6ea5$a2fe8140$11260518@cx430660-a.alsv1.occa.home.com>, on 03/14/99
   at 09:35 PM, "Mark Willett" <oleblighty@home.com> said:

>"the main problem we have had is that they feel that we are taking
>advantage of them, and they quit to then compete with us."

>Sounds like you are an agent of some form.  Therefore, you are probably
>taking advantage of them.

You make a wild assumption here.  Two in fact.  Why would you assume she is an
agent based upon her words?  And why would you say such a wild thing as "...you
are probably taking advantage..."?  Agents serve a good purpose and work hard
for their money.  I use agents regularly and they are a boon to me.  There are
a whole lot of client problems that just disappear when an agent is involved.

>"or some have left because they don't like the stress of contract work,
>and they prefer going to the same place
>everyday."

>It's not the stress of contract work that is the problem.  It seems that
>a majority of people believe that the words "career" and "ful-time" go
>hand-in-hand.  And incorrect presumtion that Management instill in us
>when we first start to work.

You allow anyone to instill thoughts in you?  Why?

>"but what makes me the most angry is when they lie.  a few years ago, one
>quit telling us he was going to work full time for a company down in
>south oklahoma.
>later we found out he formed his own company, and was sending
>solicitation letters, etc, to our customers."

>And before they were "your customers", whose were they.  How did you get
>to have customers that you did not solicit?  Did they just come to you
>check book in hand...I don't think so.  The last time I checked, we all
>live in some sort of free economy with every right to promote ourselves
>or our business.

Promoting our business and ourselves is one thing, using our employer's time
and pay to damage the employer and then leaving and taking customers with us is
just plain unethical.  Besides it isn't very effective.