  • Subject: Re: What to do about a disgruntled employee
  • From: nina jones <ddi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 07:02:10 -0600

> Sounds like you are an agent of some form.  Therefore, you are probably
> taking advantage of them.

naa.  you'd be surprised.  one of the big beefs was the cost of insurance.  how
it went up, and they seemed to feel that we were personally responsible.

we paid for all of the employee coverage, and 1/2 of the coverage for
dependents.  and somehow it was our fault health care went up so much.

> It's not the stress of contract work that is the problem.  It seems that a
> majority of people believe that the words "career" and "ful-time" go
> hand-in-hand.  And incorrect presumtion that Management instill in us when
> we first start to work.

naa again.  the only thing we have are full time employees.  but we have a
package installed across the US, and sometimes users can be impatient.  several
employees didn't like dealing with customer calls.

> "but what makes me the most angry is when they lie.  a few years ago, one
> quit telling us he was going to work full time for a company down in south
> oklahoma. later we found out he formed his own company, and was sending
> solicitation
> letters, etc, to our customers."
>
> And before they were "your customers", whose were they.  How did you get to
> have customers that you did not solicit?  Did they just come to you check
> book in hand...I don't think so.  The last time I checked, we all live in
> some sort of free economy with every right to promote ourselves or our
> business.

you missed the operative word  LIE.

nj

begin:          vcard
fn:             nina  jones
n:              jones;nina
org:            Data Design Inc
adr:            2408 Tee Circle;;;Norman;Oklahoma;73069;USA
email;internet: ddi@datadesigninc.com
title:          Chief Programmer and bottle washer
tel;work:       405-321-0354
tel;fax:        405-360-9202
tel;home:       405-364-8960
note:           IBM Business Partner