  • Subject: CA Express configurations
  • From: "Joe Teff" <jteff19@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:18:02 -0600

Forwarded from Ron Klein:

When creating a new session with the Client Access Express the
configuration page comes up and wants a system name, there is no
way to make a new connection available.  So therefore if you want
to do this as a new install, the only thing you can specify for a
system name to get a connection is the IP address of the AS400.
I have not been able to find any type of connection setup in the
 programs that come with the product.  If I manually add a host file
to the PC with the cross reference to the IP address and Machine
name the emulator configurator will find the name and associate
with the correct machine, without that file I must use the IP address
to make a connection.  In the older versions of client access the
connenction wizard always came up and created that host file to
associate the ip address and the host name.