  • Subject: Re: V4R3 upgrade gotchas
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:22:31 -0500

WRKJOB QMSF
and see if they stay running.
We had a problem.
To test if you are having the same problem, do the following:
WRKDIRE
F10=Search directory
In the field 'User profile' enter QSECOFR, and press Enter.  If you get an
error that you are having the same problem.
The TEMPORARY work around is to ENDMSF and do a STRMSF with the *RESET option.
If the *RESET doesn't work then *CLEAR.

Long term fix is as follows:

We've changed our upgrade instructions and added the following:

Follow your orderly shutdown steps.  Then,
ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED
DSPMSG QSYSOPR
Wait until message 'System ended to restricted condition'
appears.  You may have to hit F10, or F5, several times.
This message could take a few minutes to appear.

WRKF QUSRSYS/QAOKL*
Search for any that
 1)  Do not end  with an A
 2)  Instead end with an increment, such as 001
 3)  And have a description that begins with Old name
If you see files that meet all three of these conditions then
delete these files.

WRKF QUSRSYS/QAOKP*
Search for any that
 1)  Do not end  with an A
 2)  Instead end with an increment, such as 001
 3)  And have a description that begins with Old name
If you see files that meet all three of these conditions then
delete these files.

CHGSYSDIRA ALWSCH(*NO)
CHGSYSDIRA ALWSCH(*YES)

jhall@hillmgt.com on 03/09/99 12:37:17 PM