  • Subject: Re: Bar Code Label Printers
  • From: "Ron Hudson" <roxrhud@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 09:40:49 -0500

We switched from Inermec to Zebra printers about 2 years ago.  (At that
time, Intermec printers were not reliable connecting to an AS/400 thru PC
support or CA).  Have been well pleased with the performance of the
printers - have about 40 in production.

We chose to use the Bar-One software from Zebra to design the labels and
send the splf directly to the printer.  Another division within my corp.
uses the TLAshord software and loves it.  We just didn't see the need for
an extra layer of software to have to maintain.

Concerning DDS keywords, we also print barcodes on 3116, 3130, & 4317 which
use DDS keywords.  We tend to use these for office environments and use the
Zebra for the plant floor.

If you choose Zebra, you are welcome to email me directly.  We just
finished connecting some to ethernet thru the ZNet device - talk about
challenging!

Ron Hudson
Collins & Aikman Products Co.
Ron.Hudson@colaik.com