Patrick,
                  Thanks a lot. I tried , and it just works great.
Regards
Raj

Patrick Shrader <pshrader@foodcity.com> on 02-24-99 10:36:11 AM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

To:   MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
cc:    (bcc: Rajan Srinivasan/Servicing/SuperiorBank)
Subject:  Re: FTP

Raj,
You need to copy your FTP commands into a database file, then override that
command file to the AS/400 FTP command.
1. Using the CRTPF command, create a physical file length 132. Call the
file something like "FTPCMDS".
2. Populate this file (FTPCMDS) with your FTP requests (I use DFU or an RPG
program).
example:
USER PASSWORD
PUT FILE1.MEMBER1 FILE2
GET FILE3 FILE4.MEMBER4
QUIT
3. From your CL (or command line if running interactivaly), issue this
override command:
     OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(FTPCMDS) MBR(*FIRST)
4. Start your FTP command.
     STRTCPFTP RMTSYS(destination) or FTP RMTSYS(destination)
5. End your overrides
     DLTOVR FILE(*ALL)
I have automated the process into a program I call GET that I pass the
local and destination file names to a program, the program GET will then
create the overrides and transfer the files for me. This saves a lot of
time, and I have a put/get command available from the AS/400 command line
like I have in Unix -- without having to jump through the above hoops for
each file I transfer (which is several hundred every day!).
Hope this helps.

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com