  • Subject: Re: CD-Rom Labeling Options being Used....
  • From: "Bob Crothers" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 08:50:35 -0500

Jeffrey,

If you are looking for high-gloss multi-color ready for shrink
wrapping, you will need to use silk screening.  This is fairly
expensive on the setup ($750 per color) but I hear that the per-copy
price is pretty cheap.

However, if your needs aren't as stringent, then CD-LAB
 http://www.cd-lab.com ) will do a single color (black, very dark blue
or red) printing for $0.50 per CDR.  You can Email the image to print
(with all the writing etc) and they will print them and ship the next
day.  And they look pretty good.  This price is for a run of 200 CDRs.

They also sell blank CDR's for $1.30 each in quantities of 100.  This
price goes down to $0.95 for 1,000+.

We have done business with them and are highly satisfied.

They also offer CD Replication.  In quantities over 1,000 this only
costs $0.77 each, including the media & 2 color printing.  This is a
great way to go if you are making more than 500 copies of the same
thing.

Bob Crothers