Tom,

I presume that you have the correct card installed in slot C08, and you
attached the cable to the Port 0 connection.  The correct card is the #9721
- Two line WAN IOA,   NOT the #9720 Twinaxial card.
If your console on the 170 is a 'dumb' terminal, (or 'non-programmable
workstation' which I believe is the politically correct name for this type
of device these days),  then Ops Console is not going to work, and will
return 'Comm Port not found'.

I also checked my edition of the documentation, the part number for the Ops
Console cable I have, (both in the documentation and on the cable itself),
is 97H7557.
Are you sure you have the correct cable.  There is a different cable for
the Remote Control Panel function, which I have a cable/documentation
saying that it is part number 97H7591

Regards

Neil

At 05:37 PM 2/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am having a problem getting Operations Console on new 170s (V4R3) to work.
>
>Followed all directions and tips I could find, read and checked everything,
>and still no go.
>
>I am using NT on a PentiumII Compaq DeskPro with 64 meg RAM.
>Installed Client Access and latest service pack.
>RAS installed, then Service Pack 3.
>Both Connection and com port set to 115200bps.
>PC com port loopback tested and working correctly.
>Console cable (44H7504) attached to correct PC com port and AS400 card.
>
>I keep getting the message saying console communication port could not be
>found.
>
>Any ideas?
>

>Thanks
>Tom Czirok
>
>+---
>| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
>+---

Neil Clark
Barsa Consulting, LLC
Tel: (914) 251-9400  Fax: (914) 251-9406

http://www.barsaconsulting.com