  • Subject: Stupid AS/400 web site tricks
  • From: "Roger Pence" <rp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:39:55 -0600

I think the AS/400 web presence (and its cousin CD documentation is awful)! The frustrating part is that most of what you want is available, you must need to be Nostrodomus to find it!

Take the AS/400 info challenge:

Quick now: there is an AS/400 Telnet SSL Proxy server available for download from IBM on the Internet. Can you quickly find it by searching AS/400 or IBM web sites? (no fair using third-party seach engines such as search400.com or source400.com!--they, unlike, IBM, make it relatively easy to find--that is, if you know to use them in the first place!).

I'd sure appreciate someone giving me a reality check on how hard it is to find this. I contend that IBM's web sites are often nearly impossible to navigate for locating things. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help,

rp

PS: For the curious without time to screw around, the SSL Proxy server is at http://www.as400.ibm.com/tstudio/tech_ref/tcp/sslproxy/sslprox1.htm. Also, there is a new redbook "IBM Firewall for AS/400 V4R3:VPN and NAT Support" (SG24-5376) that documents this server.