>All this talk of subfiles has me thinking---
>I'd like to hear some views on techniques used when SFLSIZ=SFLPAG.

>Wynn Osborne

I like using SFLSIZ = SFLPAG.  Although I haven't coded any -new- programs
using the technique in a while, here's what I remember:

You fill a single page at a time.  When the user rolls, the system reads
more data for the subfile.

Saves programming, is economical of system resources, is quick (ie no long
waits to load 37,432 records into a subfile).

If the data you want is far down the list of data, you will need to code
either a 'position to,' or have the user key the starting location before
you start loading the subfile.

--Paul E Musselman