RE: subfile processing--readc & sflnxtchg

  • Subject: RE: subfile processing--readc & sflnxtchg
  • From: "Ladutko, Bob" <Bob.Ladutko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:21:12 -0500

fixed

Maybe I'm confused on my thinking (it's happened before).  I'll have to look
through some programs tonight.

I was thinking that when a READC is performed, and a changed record is
retrieved, it wouldn't be retrieved again until the next EXFMT if you use
SFLNXTCHG.  My question is how exactly would that same record be retrieved
during the same pass?  Would I have to CHAIN to a prior record 1st so that
the READC will work again or what?  (I'm comparing this to a READ to a
physical file - if I want to READ a record again, I have to reposition the
file.)  If this is how to do it, what if the 1st record in the subfile was
changed?  Since I can't do a SETLL, how can I retrieve that record again
with READC?

Is my thinking as flawed as it seems to be?

Bob L.

+---