If the terminals are connected thru a 2720,2722 or 6180 twinax card there
will be a couple of new options that you might want to disable:

1. Split port operation, the new wsc will operate at two ports
concurrently.
2. Optimized mode, a feature that eliminate communication overhead (read
cut off headers) in the data stream
3. 2 Mbps mode which is a doubled clock frequency.

My own experiences so far is that feature 1 normally makes fiber-to-twinax
boxes go crazy, especially in combination with feature 3 and that some none
IBM devices are unable to handle feature 2 and/or 3.
To disable these innovations you have to create a dataarea in qsys with the
same name as the controller ,eg QSYS/CTL01 with length *char 6
with the following values:

position 1-2 = split port operation      '00' disables, 'FF' enables
position 3-4 = 2mbps mode                           '00' disables, 'FF'
enables
position 5-6 = optimized mode      '00' disables, 'FF' enables

use capital letters for the FF value.

After creating the dataarea(s) do a vary off and vary on for the changes to
take effect.
Good luck!!

// Stefan Tageson
  tel:         +46 40 693 3500