  • Subject: RE: QADBXREF & CL
  • From: Bob Crothers <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 07:22:56 -0000

IBM can not only add fields to a file, but I have seen cases where
they have renamed the files and/or totally changed the structure of
how the files worked.  Such as the files behind the system directory
back in the V2 days.  And back then, the interfaces into the system
directory where not near as robust as they are today.  You can go
after the files for years and not have a problem.  Then you put a new
release on and you are toast.

It is not always just a recompile.

Bob