  • Subject: Re: Max spool entries 10,000 per JOB??
  • From: Bob Larkin <blarkin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 21:38:27 -0800

don't want to sound like a smart a**, but 10,000 seperate printouts is a LOT.
What are you doing with so many dpool files in one job? If you are actually
driving a printer, consider setting the printer file to *IMMED, instead of the
default which is *JOBEND or *FILEEND (can't remember which). THis will allow the
stuff to begin printing immediately, even if you are still writing to the
printer
file. This might work with of the Fax packages also.

So, what are these spool files for Tim?
Bob

Allen, Mark wrote:

> We have the same problem in a job that processes transactions from a
> conveyor.  What we did was have the job end and resubmit itself every 2
> hours, thus creating a new job

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bob Larkin
n:              Larkin;Bob
org:            <A HREF="HTTP://web.wt.net/~blarkin/">Larkin Computer Consulting</A>
adr:            <A HREF="http://web.wt.net/~blarkin/">Bob and Diana's Page</A>;;;Houston;TX;<A HREF="http://web.wt.net/~blarkin/">;United States
email;internet: blarkin@wt.net
title:          Systems Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;4104