I got this working.  Tim, if you're reading this, you can put the document
on hold.

My ISP told me to use PAP only.  I used this only on Local system
authentication.  Remote system authentication is left blank.

Both local and remote TCP/IP addresses were dynamically assigned.

This made connection work OK but couldn't see internet.

Made change to TCP/IP settings ROUTING button, used Static routing, Checked
next to Add remote system as the default route.

Art Tostaine, Jr.
CCA, Inc.
Parlin, NJ  08859