  • Subject: RE: System Reply gone Bizzark ??? !!!
  • From: Eric Sundell PMI <esundell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:09:00 -0800

We have the Cleanup Assistant going and when it cleans up the message queues
it
auto answers, drove us nuts trying to figure out who was doing it in the
middle
of the night.

Author: "Chuck Lewis" [SMTP:CLEWIS@IQUEST.NET]
Date:       1/27/99 4:28 AM

More interesting stuff (inspired by Dennis Lovelady !!!) !!!

Dennis Lovelady wrote:

<AFA the auto-reply happening sometimes but not always: I do not know, could
not
guess... unless the job has that INQMSGRPY(*DFT) attribute set (via JOBD,
CHGJOB,
or other mechanism).  You can check the writer job (assuming it's still
active)
to see what Inquiry Message Reply is currently set to.>

WALLAH (or however you spell that) !!!!

The spool job is using jobd QSPLAFPW (this partuclar printer uses AFP...)
and
the
"Inquiry message reply" is *SYSRPYL and this printer is NOT defined in my
system
reply list "printer section" so it when it sees THAT it must use the message
default which is H !!!!!!

<Also, if these messages are not being sent to  QSYSOPR (because of a parm
on
STRPRTWTR or on the DEVD (?)) then *that* message queue could be set to auto
reply, or someone may have cleared it.>

I don't see where the JOBD defines that but that gets me thinking - most
printers
have there messages going to a workstation message queue and NOT QSYSOPR...
Thais
one is going to QSYSOPR ! That may have something to do with this also...

Still don't get the "timing" deal !

Thank you VERY much !!!

Chuck

Dennis Lovelady wrote: