Hey Folks!

A little note from Neil follows, who is currently sequestered in a monastery
somewhere in Canada and is not allowed to come out until Y2K is fixed.  Mucho
helpful info...

Cheers,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Life is like riding a bicycle.  You don't fall off unless you plan to stop
pedaling." -- Claude Pepper

In a message dated 1/21/99 11:08:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
NeilP@DPSlink.com writes:

> You recall the series of PTF's that have been released ever since V2R3 to
> change the "Display Open Files" screen in DSPJOB/WRKJOB back to the CORRECT
> way (showing I/O Details instead of Activation Group).
>  Well, the V4R3 PTF has finally been released.  It's SF53110 (for APAR
> SA68939).
>
>   PROBLEM SUMMARY:
>    When displaying a job (dspjob), starting with v2r3, and choosing
>    the option to display open files, the user is presented a panel
>    showing activation groups, from which he must press cmdkey10 in
>    v2r3 or cmdkey11 in v3r0m5, v3r1, or v3r6 to see the I/O
>    details.  The panels are presented in this order to accommodate
>    activation groups since the same file, library, and member may
>    be opened for more than one activation group.  The initial
>    display doesn't have enough room to accommodate all of this
>    information.  However, this design is inconvenient for the user
>    and is also inconsistent with the order presented by the
>    display call stack option.
>

>  I also have reason to believe that either in V4R4, or the following
release,
> they may finally change the default back to what it was prior to introducing
> activation groups.  Seems they're a little tired of having to produce this
> PTF for every release !   :-)
>

>  Full list of PTF #'s:
>
>    PTF List:
>  APAR SA68939
>    Release 410   : SF44659 available 97/11/03 (1000 )
>    Release 420   : SF48724 available 98/05/15 (1000 )
>    Release 430   : SF53110 available 99/01/15 (1000 )
>
>  APAR SA46331
>    Release 360   : SF28524 available 96/02/01 (1000 )
>    Release 370   : SF38992 available 97/02/26 (1000 )
>
>  APAR SA37000
>    Release 305   : SF18360 available 94/09/13 (1000 )
>    Release 310   : SF19480 available 94/10/26 (1000 )
>    Release 320   : SF33601 available 96/08/07 (1000 )
>
>  APAR SA35831
>    Release 230   : SF18243 available 94/09/12 (1000 )
>

>  Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
>                                               AS/400~~~~~
>  Markham,  Ontario,   Canada    ___________          ___  ~
>  Phone: (905) 474-4890  x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
>  Fax:   (905) 474-4898          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
>  mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>  http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server

Good ones !  :-)

Dean, since I'm unsubscribed from Midrange-L at the moment (probably for
another rmonth at least until I finish some Y2K mods I was supposed to have
done Jan 1st) maybe you'd like to pass on this information that quite a few
subscribers are probably interested in.