The following is a short extract from a residency request from the ITSO in
Rochester (the Redbook people) - I've been asked to check if anyone here is
interested.  As you can see there's a touch of C++, RPG and Java all in
here.  Anyone who is interested in hearing more please e-mail me directly.
Note that it is for a four week period.  If it's the regular deal they pay
expenses but that's it (plus you get the fame of your name on a Redbook!!).
Normally they are looking for Business Partners but will probably consider
customers too.

Residency Announcement:  AS-9201 Developing Multi-Threaded Applications on
OS/400

Benefits to Resident:

Residents will gain AS/400 application programming skills using threads
functions. Residents will also gain in depth knowledge of other threads
related projects including POSIX threads calls from ILE C,  C++, ILE RPG,
and ILE COBOL and integration of Java methods with existing ILE languages.

The acquired skills can be utilized in real application development after
the residency. Key threads developers will be involved in this residency,
giving residents a very unique opportunity to understand the product and
development process.

This residency is suitable for Business Partners and IBMers.

Skill Required:

A basic requirement for all residents is the ability to read and clearly
express concepts and procedures in common English.

Resident Prerequisites:  The person should have a very good knowledge of
threads programming on AS/400, UNIX or NT.

The person should have a good knowledge of C, C++, Java, ILE RPG, or ILE
COBOL programming, and Data management on DB2/400.

This residency begins 01 Mar 1999, ends 26 Mar 1999 (4 weeks), and requires
5 residents.