  • Subject: Re: 3487 going nuts
  • From: Peter Klyne <pak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:38:06 -0500

Pat Barber wrote:

> I placed about a dozen 3487 color monitors over the weekend... In
> one location in this office,  ...

>  ...  I suspect RF radiation ...

Troubleshooting ideas

a.  I assume these terminals function normally in another location and
     the jitter is constant.
b.  It the jitter horizontal or vertical to the desktop ?
c.  In either case re-orient terminal on its side.
d.  Does the direction of the jitter remain constant to the desktop
     NO: Probable RF interference on power line.  Use extension
power          cord to different power circuit - should help isolate. if
it          does line filter should work
     YES: Air born RF interference. Any large motors or as other
have          suggested power distribution panels or very heavily
loaded          power lines near to the terminals. If so physical
grounded          shielding may work.
e.  Is there an old style motion detector in the room which pulses
     a RF beam at the terminals. Turn it off or cover it to test.

Hope these ideas help you.

Peter Klyne
Enki Associates Ltd
(416) 223 2506  Fax (416) 223 3299