  • Subject: Re: Too many answer to simple questions
  • From: "Dick Lucas" <rlucas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:43:11 -0600

Having worked in Level II during the late '80s, I have to ask what's
your point?

The guy was obviously circumventing the normal structure and expected to
be treated normally?!?!?  Give me a break!  Those were the days when
'spies' a.k.a. competitors, press, nay sayers, etc., would do anything
to get at whatever.  And you know what, they would even lie about who
they were and what they wanted, just to get to someone.

So, I'm not surprised at the reaction from the 'guru'.  Too bad you
didn't relate what was being asked for and the rest of the conversation.
You put a good slant on it.

I totally dis-believe that he 'worked his way thru management layers',
however.  Totally!

Your ex-boss sounds like a vindictive old fart that didn't know what he
was doing in the first place and needed to be retired.

Dick Lucas