In client/server these considerations become important but I am surprised at
the speed and responses I get without doing anything other than using the code
as offered.  On the LAN the responses seem lightning fast and even over a 28.8
modem the response times are certainly acceptable.  I have no way of knowing,
but I am guessing that IBM has tailored something for VaRPG in order to give
fast responses.

For example on an application with three subfiles over the same 50,000 record
physical file,  using page at a time, when the user clicks on the column
heading to show the file in another sorted order, the new page is filled in
almost immediately, certainly within 3 seconds on the LAN and within 8 seconds
over the modem.

In <60F780A9323BFA45052566EF005A7DE9.0000000000000000@commsoft.net>, on