Glenn,

You may want to do something similar to a program I have called SHUTDOWN.
I wrote it a while ago (probably around V3R1 !) when I got tired of getting
stung when trying a PWRDWNSYS or ENDSYS and having the system hang.  :-)
My complete system save job (SAVALL) calls this before it resorts to ENDSYS
*IMMED, and I also call this program before powerdown.  It basically contains a
controlled shutdown of various jobs, and you could put the Firewall end in
there.

example:
/* SHUTDOWN - END (ALMOST) ALL PROGRAMS BEFORE PWRDWNSYS. */
PGM
MONMSG CPF0000
MONMSG TCP0000

/*          Also need to end *M36 Machine NXT36A if active so that   */
/*           library M36LIB backup can be used to restore *M36.      */
/*          Because of waits in OCL proc it will take a little       */
/*           over 2 minutes to end, but will be done by the time     */
/*           the following SAVLIB (prior to SAVLIB M36LIB) is run.   */
             SBMNETJOB  FILE(QGPL/QCLSRC) TOUSRID((POWEROFF NXT36A)) +
                          MBR(PWROFM36) PTY(*HIGH) /* Submit job to +
                          machine NXT36A via SNADS */
             DLYJOB     DLY(10)

ENDCALSRV
ENDDIRSHD
ENDWTR PRT01
ENDWTR PRT02
ENDWTR PRT03
ENDWTR PRT08
ENDWTR PRT09
ENDWTR XEROX_N32
STOPTCP
ENDMSF
ENDSBS QSNADS DELAY(30)
ENDSBS QEUX
ENDSBS QSPL
ENDSBS QBATCH
ENDSBS QSERVER
ENDSBS Q1PGSCH *IMMED
/* ENDSBS SVCDRCTR *IMMED V4R1 version not yet installed */
/* ENDSBS QSYSWRK *IMMED  V4R1 - QSYSWRK handles Passthru (QPASVRS) */
ENDDUPJOB CHKFWDMAIL
ENDPGM

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 731-9202          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server